Last updated on: 13/10/2016
Cozmobet (otherwise referred to herein as "we" or "us") adheres to the Personal Data Protection Act of Curacao (2013) and the EU Data Protection Directive (EC Directive 95/46/EC) and the EU Electronic Communications Privacy Directive (EC Directive/2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC).
2. How we collect your data?
a. The personal information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
- personal information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website or email;
- records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email or other means;
- your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out;
- details of the transactions you carry out with us, whether via the Website or other means; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
b. Please note that any information which you transmit to us by email is not encrypted and is transmitted at your own risk.
3. For which purpose?
Cozmobet shall collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
- the provision of its betting and gaming services;
- identification and/or authentication;
- processing and monitoring your bets;
- processing card and on-line payments;
- payment processing identification, authorization and/or processing;
- monitoring transactions for the purposes of preventing fraud, irregular betting, money laundering and fraud;
- marketing purposes, based on the opt-in principle, when applicable; and
- legal and/or regulatory reasons.
4. What is your assurance?
a. Cozmobet assures you that your personal data is:
- processed in accordance with your rights;
- processed fairly and lawfully;
- obtained only for the above purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive for its purpose;
- kept in a secure manner; and
- not kept longer than is necessary for its purposes.
b. Cozmobet shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected. In this regards, we maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against unauthorized or unlawful processing.
c. Your emails are stored on the Amazon cloud. We do not store any of your personal details in this cloud. We recommend that you send all personal documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items mailed to the listed address are stored on our internal servers.
5. Data transfer
a. For fraud detection and control purposes, you agree that Cozmobet has the right to transfer your personal data to third parties, including but not limited to third party suppliers such as ID and address verification system providers, payment service providers and financial institutions.
b. Furthermore, Cozmobet reserves the right to disclose your personal data to relevant third parties when Cozmobet has reasonable grounds to suspect irregularities involving your account.
c. Some of the data processors engaged to process your personal data may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) where data protection laws are not as protective as EU law. Therefore, by browsing the Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our (or our suppliers or sub-contractors) processing your personal data outside the EEA. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and is processed with appropriate care and protection and in line with applicable legal requirements.
6. Disclosure of information
We are entitled to share the information we hold on you which includes personal data and/or betting history with the regulator, sporting bodies, financial entities such as the banks or payment suppliers and other competent authority, including the police, in order to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues and to comply with our regulatory duties.
7. Right of access
a. You have the right to require access to your own personal data and/or have the right to correct and/or erase incorrect and/or inappropriate data. The request and any other queries regarding data privacy shall be sent to: email@example.com
b. Your request must be accompanied by copies of two forms of identification, one of which should identify you (e.g. driving licence, passport, etc) and the other should provide proof of your address (e.g. utility bill).
c. Your request will be addressed upon reception of a 10 Euros fee.
d. It is your responsibility to maintain your personal information up to date and accurate.
8. Cookies, tags and other identifiers ("cookies")
b. Cookies are text files containing a small amount of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. They are generally used by most websites to improve your online experience and to ensure that content and functions are delivered and used more effectively.
9. Policy update